Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Monday, December 17, 2007

Pre-Christmas Greetings






It's been a busy few weeks and I apologize for taking so long to give an update. Our Christmas letter is nearly done so I will get that out soon. In the mean time, updates on our family! A couple of weeks ago Becca had her D.A.R.E graduation. She placed first for the essay contest and was very pleased with the effort she put forth. We are very proud of her as well.

Our church Christmas party was this past Friday. It was well attended and everyone had a great time. As White Elephant Gift Exchanges go, there were a couple of "hot" gifts that kept going around and around and around some more. We played as LTCC youth does, limiting the exchange to 3 steals per round, then it's on again for the next round. Much more fun that way!

Sunday was the children's Christmas Play. Two weeks ago I wasn't so sure they'd pull it together, but the kids did great! Some have already asked if we can "do that again next year." Hmmm....let's finish this year first.
Now it's on to VBS prep. I can't wait. I got my kit last week and it is sheer will power keeping me from diving in before the new year. I did peek at it, then put it all back in the box. I think I need to go put it out in the church tomorrow. The temptation to dig in is getting to me! Yes, I love VBS and can't wait.

We are looking forward to having Butch's mom spend Christmas with us. She arrives Saturday and will stay until the following Friday. I guess I better get cleaning. We had a great snowfall last week, but it melted rather quickly. Our family was headed into Fallon that day for dentist appointments and the kids didn't even get to play in it. I got some fun pictures when we stopped for a potty break in Austin. Normally 1 hour away, but that day it took 2. They had at least a foot of snow!







Well, I will get that newsletter done and posted in the next day or two. We'd love to hear from you, whether you comment on here or send us an e-mail.
Serving Him,
The Hallenbeck's

No comments: