Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What happened to March?

Wow...the month is half over. Where did it go? I'd like to say that I have just been so busy time is flying by, but really I haven't. At least not any more than normal. We did lose a couple of days with back to back trips to town. Spencer and Becca had dentists appointments in Fallon the 7th. Then last Friday Butch and I went into Reno to price lumber/siding for the Parsonage and to pick up a new door. Ours pretty much doesn't close anymore, unless you slam it. He's installing it today. Then I'll have some touch up painting to do because it is bigger than the existing door. Yay, no more trailer door!

In two weeks we will have visitors from Washington. They are going to help us get some work done on the Parsonage. The guys are going to work on siding and the gals are going to help me paint the inside of the house. I need to get cleaning the walls and get it primed. I was going to pick up the paint last week but the paint counter guy was no where to be found. Bummer when you have to drive so far to get stuff.

Grady, Spencer and Becca are looking forward to Spring Break next week. They get to work all week getting the house ready for the work that needs to be done so I don't why they are so looking forward to Spring Break! The countdown is on though, nine weeks left of school. I don't know who is more excited, the students or the teachers!

Well, just had time for a quick update to let you know we haven't fallen into a mine shaft! Actually, there is still too much snow in the hills to get out much anyway:(

I do actually need to get some work done today!

Have a great week. The next newsletter is coming soon.

Jen

1 comment:

Traci said...

Hi Jen! I got your blog site off the CTMH board. I saw that you posted you're from "the middle of now where Nevada" and had to check out your blog, because that's where I'm from too! Though, the real name of my hometown is Alamo, and I now live in UT. But we used to (my sisters still do) go to Round Mountain for sports. Anyways, just wanted to say Hi!
Traci