Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wacky Weather

Can you believe it? Monday it was 95 degrees here. Today it is snowing. Monday when I got up at 6:30 it was already almost 70 degrees. Today it is 31 degrees. So far it is just a real light flurry. If it amounts to enough to take a picture I will post it later.

I've been watching the forecast all week so I knew it was coming, but really, it is the end of May. Of course our first year we had 3 inches of snow on Memorial Day weekend. So why not again this year. I am just ready for it to be summer.

And the wind, that's a whole other story. It has been so incredibly windy the past few days. Tuesday our valley was smoky, thus the name, Big Smoky Valley. I'm not sure where the fire is that is sending smoke our way but I guess fire season has begun!

So have a great day. I am going to build a fire in my woodstove that has already been cleaned out for the season, snuggle up with some hot cocoa and have a do nothing day. Well maybe not the last part, by Thursday I have a lot to do to get ready for Sunday, like pick the songs we will sing.

Blessings to you:)
Jen

No comments: