Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What I've been up to lately

Well, the past couple of weeks I haven't been doing much of anything. I got a horrible cold that has pretty much knocked me out. I'm at the tail end of it now but the cough just keeps hanging on.
So, I have been sleeping a lot because I just feel run down and tired all the time. I did get to fill in for the band teacher at Homecoming. That was fun. He needed someone to direct because he had to take his brand new baby in to Fallon to the doctor. (Baby is OK, just a check-up) So I got to direct at the pep assembly and then again at the game that night.

We've also been getting back into our fall ministries. Mornings for Moms started last week and ladies luncheon started last month. Numbers have been few but I think those who came have been blessed.

I've also been trying to get some things made to sell on Etsy.com. My store is Jenscraps. I don't have a lot on it yet, just some layouts and a few mini albums. I am hoping to be able to take one day each week and spend creating cards and mini albums to put in my store.
I got most of our summer pictures scrapbooked, at least the first half of the summer:)

When we go to our Staff Conference in Sctotts Valley, CA, we try to find fun things to do with the kids in the afternoons. This year we went to the Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz. (themysteryspot.com) I like to get postcards from the places we visit and include those in pages. On this layout, it is a pack of 10 postcards that I just put over the page and people can pull out and look at them.

On our way home from Conference we decided to stay in Sonora, CA for a couple of days of relaxation before we came home. One day we went to Columbia, CA, a preserved Gold Mining Town.

On the way home to Round Mountain we went over Sonora Pass. I don't think we will do that again! Spencer, who never gets car sick, was feeling a little queasy, so we made a few stops coming over the pass. One place gave us a spectacular view of mountains, valley and waterfall. This pass is very steep, 16% grade in most places, and very windy. Fun:)

No comments: