Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Time for Me

I am finding myself busier than I did in Round Mountain and am realizing that I haven't had any "me time" since we got here. So I am going to deliberately carve out time for myself this week. The house is pretty much unpacked except for my scrappin stuff so that is my goal for this week. To take time to get it unpacked so I can get back to scrappin'.

I figure an hour here and there should be enough, but if I don't write it on my calendar then my time will slip away. Today I am taking time to work in the flower beds. I want to plant some roses along the fence and get some bedding plants but the flower beds are in sad shape. I saw pictures from quite a few years ago and there were beautiful rose bushes all along the edge of the yard but they have mostly been taken out. There are a couple left but they have been neglected over the years and might not make it. I might be able to save them but it will probably be better to just replace them.

It looks like it will be a fairly nice day so it is a good day for yard work. And since I enjoy it that makes it "me time":~)

As far as church goes, we are getting settled into the routine. Still trying to learn names but getting there. Butch and I decided that when the new Pastor arrives everyone in the church should have to wear name tags for the first 3 months of Sundays. That would make it so much easier to learn everyone's names! Part of our busyness is getting out and visiting people.

I found a couple of ladies so far that scrapbook so maybe we'll be able to get together and scrap one of these days. One is apparently well known in town for her scrapbooking because every time I mention that I scrapbook, her name comes up:)

Butch is hoping to go turkey hunting this week with a guy from church. They have talked about it a few times but I think they finally made a plan to go. So maybe we'll be eating wild turkey here real soon. We see them everywhere but Butch is going to hunt with his bow so it will be harder to get one.

I guess that's the latest update on us. As I carve out "me time" I will try to post more and get some pictures up.

Blessings

1 comment:

This and That said...

Looks like we have some similar plans for the day! People are often surprised when they hear I don't use my kids to weed the yard and that I prefer to do it. Weeding and tending flowers and a garden is good quality alone time! (Not to mention that it is also productive!)Enjoy your me time!