Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Friday, October 12, 2007

Happy Friday

Greetings
Happy Friday to all! We continue to plug away. Our District Rep's were here Tuesday. We had a nice visit with them and felt encouraged by their time spent with us. I haven't gotten back to painting. This was a busy week. We had our monthly Ladies Luncheon Wednesday. We had a good turn out, 26 ladies came plus about 9 children. We are not offering childcare this year as no one took advantage of it last year. In setting up we are trying to accomodate the children who come. What a blessing to watch the ladies visit with one another over a home cooked lunch! This month was soup bowls. (Bread bowls) It was a hit! And the best part...I have a speaker for every month so I can sit back and breathe a little. Be the hostess and let others share what God has put on their heart. Amen!

Kids Club started on Thursday. This is our outreach to elementary age kids. We have a few 4 year olds that come as well. We had 17 kids, pretty good for the first day! Pray for those leading Kids Club. Pray that this would be a fun time to learn God's Word.

Continue to pray for Youth group as well. The group is growing slowly. Pray that we will be able to keep it fun and different so the kids don't get bored and will invite their friends! This week we had pizza instead of a game and watched a video. We do that about every five weeks. We have some other ideas on how to make it fun and different but if you have any suggestions, just leave me a comment!

Well, I need to keep this short. I am trying to get everything done today that I usually put off until Saturday so that tomorrow I can work on my Christmas projects. I figure I better not put that off too much longer or I'll be stressing over getting them done in time. But that would be nothing new, it's the story of my life!

Take care everyone. Have a great week.

Love in Christ,
Jen

No comments: