Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Yay for Spring

I don't want to get my hopes up but it has been warming up quite a bit during the day lately. Last Friday we had a wicked thunder storm that brought us at least an inch of snow in less than 30 minutes. It melted quickly though. It's still freezing at night but mid to upper 50's during the day. WooHoo!!!! I hope Spring is on its way.

I am anxious to get my flower beds cleaned out and ready for new flowers but the ground is still really mushy. The snow sat around for so long that everything is really wet. Wait a month or two, I'll be complaining that it is too dry:) Life in the desert!

We've had some pretty uneventful weeks. That is a good thing. I've got some scrappin' done. I'm loving being a Close To My Heart consultant. I can now support my habit. I also feel more motivated to get my pages done because I need stuff to show at my parties. I took some pictures but they are still on my camera. I'll post them in the next couple of days. My next party is on the 11th so I have been getting ready for that.

Our District Rep's will be here Tuesday. We enjoy there visits. It gives us a chance to talk about any frustrations, concerns and kudos we have. Our church is great and it gives us a chance to share that with our D.R's. Becca's birthday is Tuesday so her birthday will be shared by many in our church family as we have a potluck dinner.

It's hard to believe my baby is turning 11. She's is becoming quite the young lady. Already very strong in her faith and willing to stand up for her beliefs. She has suffered the loss of friends because she wouldn't back down from what is right. She has also earned the respect of peers for this same reason. You go girl! I have a page in my head to mark the big day, I just have to wait for the big day!

The other exciting buzz around here is Becca gets her braces off April 21. She is far from done with them, this was only phase one, but it is nice to be done with phase one. Grady will have his first visit the same day she gets her retainers. I am hoping we can sandwich his treatment in between hers so that we are only paying for one at a time. I don't think our budget can handle both in braces at the same time. I don't how my mom did it.

Well, I should probably head off to bed. 6 comes early and I am trying to be good and workout before the kids get up. If I don't do it then, I probably won't do it all. Since leaving my "on your feet all day, walking around a huge warehouse" job, I don't get as much exercise as I need and I can tell. So here's to getting back to where I was when we moved here.

One last thought. Check the latest news on Nate and Tricia's blog. It is great news!!!

Have a great week. Hopefully I'll find a minute to post some more pictures.

Serving Him,
Jen

No comments: