Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In the Midst of Power Lab

We are in the midst of Power Lab. It has been a great week so far. We have been blessed to have 7 Youth and 4 Adults from Graeagle Community Church in Graeagle, CA here this week to help us with Power Lab. They have taken a huge load off of me, allowing me to relax a bit and have fun. I am definately NOT feeling the stress I did last year. And, they have just about the whole front parking area weeded! Now if we can get it sprayed so more weeds won't grow. That would be great!

We are looking forward to our trip to Washington next week to visit family and friends. It will be good to have some time away for a much needed rest.

An update on Becca and Washington DC, we decided that this was not the year for her to go. It was a hard decision but feel that the timing was just not right. I'm sure she will have another opportunity to go.

Grady on the other hand, has recieved an invitation to go on a 14 day study tour in Japan the summer of 2009. We are praying for God's direction in this opportunity. He doesn't know yet because there are so many extra people here so, shhhhhhhh! We will tell him about in a few days. This is probably a once in a lifetime trip for him so I am hoping that there may be some way he can go, and that he would want to go. He has done great this week, getting out there and hanging out with the kids who are here from Graeagle and having conversations with the adults who are here. I have really seen him come out of his shell this week, I hope it will continue.

I have some brief updates on VBS on the VBS blog, the link is on the left. I can't wait to return from WA, as much as I am looking forward to going, so I can back to scrapping. I am going to start a Faithbook class with the ladies in the church this fall. We will make a scrapbook telling the story of our faith. I have wanted to do this for a long time and with our retreat theme this year, it fits. I have my supplies and can't wait to get started.

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

3-D Browns said...

Hey Jen, when are you guys hitting WA? We would love to get together with you. We head down on our vacation on the 9th so maybe we can time it before then.

Donelle