Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Baking Bread

Every time I go buy a loaf of bread and see the nearly $3.00 a loaf price tag I think "I should just make my own bread."

So today I did. Most homemade bread I have had has a really hard crust on it so I think I was a little leary, but I found a great recipe here. With my kitchenaid mixer doing all the work, it was really cinch to do. And when you figure out how many loaves of bread you can get from a 10 pound bag of flour, wow, the money I will save.
My plan is to bake 4 loaves at a time, that should get us through half the week (once the novelty of fresh bread wears off:) I figure if I just plan for it then I can get it done on my laundry days since I usually stick around the house on those days anyway.
Here are my first 2 loaves of bread! They could have cooked just a tad longer but we had some with dinner and it was oh so yummy!




Here are a couple of recent projects. The first I copied from the Close to My Heart web site main page in November. The second is the new Acrylic Album from Close to My Heart, with Notebook Paper and rub-ons.

I didn't take pictures of the inside pages because of the glare of the flash on the acrylic pages. I keep forgetting to take it outside and get the pictures in natural light, but you get the idea.

No comments: