Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Will wonders never cease!

Sometimes when my children argue continually I wonder if they will ever actually get along and enjoy each others' company. The past 2 days have been peaceful ones:)

Sunday after church Grady and Becca played board games all afternoon until youth group. I was completely amazed that Grady chose to spend time with his sister instead of in front of the computer. Then yesterday pretty much all day after chores were done they again played board games all day. I think there was some Wii time in there too, but they were enjoying hanging out together.

Spencer of course hid out in his room for much of the time, coming out to eat and when I told him he couldn't hide anymore!

Several times I thought I should get the camera out and take their picture so I had proof that they could get along, but did I? NO! Maybe there will be another opportunity.

I think limited screen time is paying off:)

No comments: