Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Friday, September 14, 2007

Happy Friday

Greetings

I just wanted to say Happy Friday! Another week gone, hard to believe it's the middle of September. This week hasn't been quite as crazy as last week. I feel like I can actually stop and rest a few!


We had our first Ladies Luncheon for this ministry year on Wednesday. It was very nice and I think the ladies who came really enjoyed themselves. I am so thankful for the help I have in planning these and setting up for them. If I had to do it all myself I think my stress level would increase tremendously! Our theme for this year is Character, with each letter representing a different "pearl" of character that God wants for us in our lives. It should be a good year.


Ladies Bible studies begin next week. I am looking forward to getting back to a regular routine. I have a hard time in the summer staying diligent in my studies so it will be good to be back meeting with a group.


On the personal side of things, our family is doing well. The kids are doing great in school. Our family has grown again, this past week a kitten showed up. We tried not to become attached and did try to find an owner, but out here most people figure lost cats and dogs have most likely become Coyote Bait! Butch wanted to name her CB for short. So far she's not too excited about our dog Sandy, but in time I'm sure they will become friends. Sandy wants to play with her and doesn't seem to understand why she keeps getting swiped in the nose!


I finally scrapped the Back to School page of the kids. Spencer actually is not the one with the goofy look this time, so take note of what he looks like when he wants to get me to stop taking pictures.


Have a great weekend!


No comments: