Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Awesome God

Our God is an Awesome God.
As I read the posts on this family's blog http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/about their fight with CF, I am humbled by the mercy and grace God bestows on His children who love Him. I am reminded that God's perfect plan is being executed in my life. I never thought I would be a Pastor's wife in rural Nevada, yet here I am. I haven't lived a perfect life. I've made my share of mistakes, done things I wish I hadn't. Yet God chose me. I love my life, I love where He has placed me in ministry. I love serving Him. I love seeing His miracles. If God can use someone like me then surely He can use you too. If God can work miracles like those in the lives of Nate, Tricia and Gwyneth, surely He can in your life too.
Won't you let God work in your life? Allow Him to come in and cleanse your soul. He truly is an awesome God.
Jen

No comments: