Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Saturday, January 5, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Birthday

Greetings

I finally got the Slide updated. I left some of the old pics on just because I like them, and it's my Blog and I can do that :) It's snowing right now so I guess I'll get a white birthday. YAY! Actually I would have anyway because it snowed last night too. But leftover snow just isn't the same! Maybe I'll go make a snow angel tomorrow after church.

So, my birthday is tomorrow. Whooppeee!!!!! I get to open the present from my mom that she sent at Christmas. Finally. She's been doing that my whole life so it's no big deal. This year it was small enough that I just put it away so I didn't have to look at for the 12 days after Christmas.

Our ministry here continues to grow. God has been showing me areas in my own life that I need to focus on so that I can better minister to people here. He is also showing me areas of focus within the church. I think the biggest is Women's Ministry and finding ways to encourage relationship building and bringing in women in the community.

Leading worship has been a huge learning expereince for us and we are always seeking ways to improve our worship in the church. I think it has been going well. People are responding to worship in positive ways and seem to be growing closer to God through.

I finally allowed myself to get into the Vacation Bible School kit for this year. It's not until the end of July but my philosophy is it's never too early to start preparing.

Some ways you can pray for us are:
~ pray for our Women's Ministry to continue to be focused on growing the women in our church and reaching the women in the coomunity. We are planning for retreat in April so pray that the plans made are God's plans. Pray also thaT God would give me clear direction in leading this ministry
~ pray for our worship ministry, that it would bring people closer to God through their worship experience and that our congregation would have a strong desire to strengthen their relationship with Christ through Bible Study, Prayer and Fellowship
~ Pray that Butch and I would manage our time wisely and that we would stay focused on the Lord's work here in Round Mountain
~ Praise God for His provision in meeting our needs daily and stretching our finances as needed

Have a great week,
Jen

No comments: