Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Even More Snow...

We got more snow yesterday. I don't know how much that makes it for the year but it is definitely more than what we are used to getting in Washington. I am ready for some warm weather. It hasn't been out of the 30's in forever!

3 days until we get away for a week without kids. Wahoo!!! (Becca is reading over my shoulder and says "You're mean!") We love our children dearly but sometimes we need time for us. They get to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa and are looking forward to that.

This month has been busy. I decided after much prayer to become a Close to My Heart consultant. I love their scrapbooking stuff. The past couple of weeks I have spent more time than I probably should getting my supplies together but I so enjoy it. I figure this business will give me enough of an income to support my habit:D It's a lot of fun being able to share what I love with other people and if I get to meet more people and build a relationship with them then maybe God will open the door for me to share Christ with them as well.

I took pictures this morning of our beautiful mountains covered with snow but I haven't downloaded them on my computer yet. So...tomorrow? Maybe? I will get the newsletter and some new pic's up as well.

In the mean time, pray for a break in the weather long enough for my dad and step-mom to be able to get here. They fly into Reno on Saturday and will be renting a car and driving out. There are a couple of nasty passes bewtween here and there. Pray also that we will have safe travel to Reno Sunday afternoon and then on to Merced, CA on Tuesday.

One last thing, continue to pray for Nate, Tricia and Gwyneth. God is answering prayers left and right but keep on praying.

Have a Blessed Day ~~
Jen