Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jury Duty

Today I was summoned for Jury Duty. Butch was summoned Monday but his was cancelled so he didn't have to drive in. Mine, yeah, not cancelled. So I had to drive the hour to Tonopah and report for jury duty.

I know some people really enjoy jury duty, but me, not so much. So I drove in, praying all the way that they wouldn't pick me, or better yet would pick their 12 jurors before they even got to my name. Well guess what...

I checked in and waited until they called the jury pool into the court room. The judge tells us he has good news and bad news. The bad news was we wouldn't get to listen to a trial, the good news, the case was settled and we could all go home.

So...I drove an hour each direction, with no other errands to take care of while I was there, for nothing. We live 5 miles short of the mileage reimbursement so I may or may not get a check in the mail for mileage (Butch did last time he went). I felt like half my day was just wasted:( So was 1/4 tank of gas (sigh) At least I wasn't one of the ones from Beatty! That's almost 2 hours:)

But the good news is we get to go away for a week without the kids next week!

1 comment:

This and That said...

Another opportunity to see how God answers prayer! I'd say the time wasn't a total waste! I'm glad you didn't get stuck on a jury unable to get away next week - that would not have been fun. :-)