Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Quiet Week

Is there such a thing? This week has been fairly quiet. Not a lot happening in Round Mountain these days.

This is finals week for all 3 kids. Grady and Spencer, being in High School, have half days. Becca, in Middle School, gets the privilige of going the full day. I don't know why they all don't get a half day, Oh well:)

Friday Grady will go down to Tonopah and take the written test to get his learner's permit. I told Butch he gets to teach him to drive. This will give Grady his state issued ID for his trip to Washington DC as well.

We are sorting through everything in the house to get ready for Grady's garage sale next weekend. We have so much stuff that we haven't touched in 3 years I figure maybe someone else could benefit from it. (Some of it is still in the boxes it moved here in:)

I have a Faithbook Class scheduled for this coming Saturday. This has been such a good project for me, really helping me see how God has been at work in my life, even when I didn't acknowledge Him. I pray that those in the class would be drawn closer to Him through this experience. I need to spend some time working on a few more of my pages before Saturday, but since everyone is at a different place in their album I think I'll be OK with getting just a couple of the next layouts done.

We've been studying Romans in Bible Study. I never tire of the book of Romans. You have the theology, Salvation, and how to live for God. My favorite chapter is Romans 12, where it talks about not conforming to the world but being transformed by the renewing of your mind. Those verses have been on mind a lot lately as we have pondered how to better reach the people of Round Mountain. We see a lot of people living in the world despite proclaiming a faith in Jesus Christ. It breaks our heart to see people continually choose the world over Jesus Christ.

Several years ago I adopted Deuteronomy 30:19-20 as my Life's verse. It says, in a nutshell, "Choose Life." I pray that the people here would choose life, by choosing to Love God, obey him, and commit themsleves firmly to Him. Everyday I wake up, I have a choice to make. To choose life I must embrace what God has for me each day. I must live my life for God, every day. Not just when I want to, but even when I don't to. Not giving in to the desires of the flesh.

Oh, that you would choose life -- every single moment of every single day.

This was the page for My Life's verse in my faithbook. I chose the song "Choose Life" by Big Tent Revival to further illustrate the verse.

No comments: