Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Who would have thought...

Who would have thought that one family of 5, living in a 1000 square foot house, could find SO MUCH STUFF! Wow. I knew we had a lot of stuff to get rid of but when I started setting up for Grady's sale I realized just how much there was.



We sold a lot today, but there is still a ton left over. I didn't even ask anybody at church if they wanted to donate anything to the sale. I am sure glad I didn't because I don't know where we would have put it all!

He made about 1/2 of what he has left to raise. We are down the the last $550! If you want to help him out send me an e-mail and I let you know how you can get a donation to him. Or if you know us and have our address, you can just send it:D

Thanks for your support and prayers for him to go on this trip to Washington DC. He is pretty excited about the opportunity.

1 comment:

This and That said...

Thanks for the update - I was wondering how things went. Not a bad total! To think - we crammed all that onto the moving van!