Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I was going to post...

I was going to post an update this morning but I am having a hard time finding the words.

We are in the midst of packing up all of our stuff. A lot of which is going to the Goodwill or to the dump. I see some of the things I have moved in the past and wonder "Why?"

I know my new house will be bigger and I will have room for all this extra stuff, but I don't really want to keep packing it around with me!

Every box I pack brings finality to our upcoming move and with it brings another wave of emotion. While I am looking forward to the next step God has for us, I am still struggling with the sadness that comes with leaving behind those we care about here in Round Mountain. I keep reminding myself that I need to not look back, not dwell on the "what-ifs", but look ahead to our future and embrace all that God has for me.

I have finished reading The Organic God and truly enjoyed it. I don't generally read non-fiction (I should say I don't generally FINISH reading non-fiction) but this one just really grabbed me. The author weaves a lot of her testimony into the book and I think that is what made me finish it. Our "conversation" over coffee (or Hot Chocolate in my case) wasn't finished yet! You can get a glimpse of this book in an older post.

Keep praying for our transition and for the people here at Smoky Valley Community Church during this time. I am trusting God's plans for this little congregation and pray that they come together in unity and be ready.

Well, for not really knowing what to say -- I said a lot:)

Have a blessed day!!!

No comments: