Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sometimes I wonder...

...if I am the only one that still fills in my tax forms by hand:)

I was just thinking that maybe I should go on the IRS web site and see if I can fill in the forms and then print them. They would sure look a lot neater!

But, I am done with them and that is all that matters. Butch has been bugging me for weeks to get our taxes done so we would know if we'll have a big enough refund to get some new furniture. Well the answer is a big fat NO. Oh well, at least we didn't owe anything.

We'll just have to use our little refund for our anniversary! I'm trying to convince Butch to take me to Multnomah Falls for dinner and spend the night at the Columbia Gorge Hotel in Hood River. We haven't gone anywhere for our anniversary in hmmm, 3 years. Kind of hard to do when everything has been so far away and you are living on a Pastor's income!

As for furniture, we'll have to figure something out. There might be camp chairs in the living room for awhile. They're not so bad! Really...


Really...

No comments: