Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.
Ephesians 2:7-10 The Message

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

When they grow up...

Today was one of my hardest days so far as a mom. I put my oldest on an airplane for the very first time and let him fly across the country all by himself.

In a way it reminded me of his first day of kindergarten. I took him in and got him settled but couldn't stay with him and make sure he knew what the routine was with school. I barely held in those tears until I walked out the door.

Today, we got him checked in for his flight and to security but couldn't go beyond that point so I had to let him go, and find his way to his gate all by himself; get on the plane and then figure out everything on his own on the DC end. I barely held my tears until he was through security. Once he called and said he was at his gate I was OK. (I wonder how much of a wreck I'll be when he goes off to college:~)

He checked in again when he got off the plane. Once he got to the hotel and got to his room he called and now I am completely at peace with his being so far away and not knowing anyone. He sounds pretty excited to be there and I'm sure he will come back somewhat changed. Maybe a bit more mature for having to step out of his comfort zone and do things himself.

I have bathed this week in so much prayer how could I not be at peace?!?!?! I have prayed that he will have great roommates and connect with others this week. Who knows, maybe he'll make some lasting friendships. And perhaps he will have a chance for God to use him in the life of another. He has such a strong faith, I pray that it shines this week.

Keep him in your prayers.

We are finishing up packing and cleaning. We should have everything packed by Saturday night.

Blessings:)

No comments: